Today we have posted new opportunity at Vancouver,BC.
Full Job Description
Requisition ID: 16594
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world by 2050 and we are proud to be one of BC’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly service. Consider joining our community team of staff and being party of an innovative inclusive and rewards workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
The Food Service Worker position is a physically demanding dishwashing position requiring manual labour in a fast paced kitchen environment. The Food Service Worker performs a variety of cleaning and kitchen tasks in a commercial kitchen. The Food Service Worker organizes, cleans and sanitizes the work area, busses and sorts food and waste into appropriate recycling bins, washes and puts away the pans, pots, dishes, and other equipment used in the kitchen, and executes various tasks to assist the other employees responsible for serving and preparing food and beverages including assisting in receiving and stocking supplies. The Food Service Worker mains and operates commercial dishwashing equipment and reports any repair requirements. This position also oversees the work of volunteers under the guidance and support of the Food Service Coordinator, and reports to the Recreation Programmer II.
This position is based at Kerrisdale Seniors Centre.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs a variety of cleaning and kitchen tasks including washing, sanitizing, and putting away dishes, utensils, pots pans, and other kitchen equipment.
- Ensures that the work area is clean, organized and free from hazards.
- Ensures that all equipment in the dish pit is in clean, safe operating condition and reports any need for repair to the Food Service Coordinator.
- Assists other kitchen staff with receiving supplies and stocking.
- Ensures that dirty dishes are brought to the dish pit, and food waste and garbage is sorted into appropriate recycling bins.
- Ensures that dishwashing practices (e.g. personal hygiene) are compliant with food safe requirements.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships and appropriate professional boundaries with staff, volunteers, and community members.
- Supervises and provides guidance, support, direction and coaching to volunteers as needed in the kitchen.
- Maintains a safe, healthy, and positive environment for staff, volunteers, patrons, and community members to access food services.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of the 10th grade, preferably supplemented with Food Safe training or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to operate modern dishwashing equipment.
- Ability to organize his or her work area efficiently and to establish and maintain an effective work schedule.
- Ability to do physically demanding work in a fast paced, hot, humid environment for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in a standing position for a long period of time, ability to check and respond to e-mails.
- Ability to understand and follow regulations, policies and procedures related to food services and Centre operations.
Business Unit/Department: Board of Parks & Recreation (1400)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Parks
Employment Type: Auxiliary/Casual
Position Start Date: February 2020
Position Available: 2
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-009: $20.84 – $23.44 per hour
Application Close: February 14, 2020
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.