Application Deadline: Varies according to the university
Scholarship Level: Masters and PhD
Scholarship Country: Germany
Scholarship Target: Students from developing Countries
- for the opportunity programme 1 of KAAD, you can apply if you:
- come from a developing or emerging country in Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America and are currently living there
- have a university degree and professional experience from your home country
- want to acquire a master’s degree or a PhD at a German university or do a post-doctoral research project (2-6 months for established university lecturers) at a German university
- are a Catholic Christian (or general belong to a Christian denomination). Candidates from other religions can apply if they are proposed by Catholic partners and can prove their commitment to interreligious dialogue
- possess German language skills before starting the studies (KAAD can provide a language course of max. 6 months in Germany).
How to Apply: The first request is placed through filling the application questionnaire and sending it to the KAAD offices. Interested people send as first step the filled questionnaire to Leimbach(at)kaad.de.
Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Benefits: The KAAD will provide the award amount according to the program.