Australian Visas for Foreigners – Get to know the Types

We are going to focus on the student visa and the Work and Holiday visa . Before continuing, remind you that we are experts in the student visa and that it is with the only visa we work with. If you want to apply for any other type of visa, we may be able to give you some type of information, but you will have to make the request on your own.

Although these two visas are the most popular, keep in mind that there are more. If right now you are wondering how many types of visas exist to travel to Australia, New Zealand and Canada it is best that you go to take a look at the immigration pages of these countries. The list is so broad and specific that it would be impossible to quote them all.

What visa do I need to travel to Australia?

Australia is so far our most popular destination . To travel to Australia you can opt for a student visa or a Work and Holiday visa.

Student visa in Australia

It is the easiest to achieve, in part because it is not necessary to demonstrate the level of English and it is not necessary to have higher education either.

The documentation they request is not much (valid passport, being enrolled in a course of more than 12 weeks, letter of intent, some medical proof and financial solvency of $ 1,690 AUD) and all nationalities can apply for this visa . It costs $ 620 AUD .

The student visa in Australia allows you to study and work at the same time for a minimum of three months and a maximum of four years. For this reason and for having very basic requirements, it is one of the most chosen visa options to travel to Australia .

In addition, unlike many other destinations, the Australian government allows students to include their partners on the visa (provided they have proof of the relationship).

The cool thing about this visa is that you can work up to 20 hours a week while studying and all you want during your holiday periods.

Work and Holiday Visa in Australia

The Work and Holiday visa in Australia is a one-year individual visa for young people between 18 and 31 years old who want to work and / or enjoy a holiday in Australia for one year. Only available for people with passports from Spain, Chile, Argentina, Peru or Uruguay!

Achieving it is somewhat more complicated, since they ask for enough documentation, level of English and give few places. When the call opens, you have to be very attentive because they fly. It costs $ 440 AUD . With this visa you can work full time for the duration of the visa. It is a good option for those people who already have an advanced level of English.

W&H in Australia allows you to work an entire year and you can extend it to two or three years if you work three months in places specified by the government). Keep in mind that you cannot exceed 6 months working in the same company .

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.