Holiday plus Work Visa in New Zealand

What visa do I need to travel to New Zealand?

The same thing happens with New Zealand as with Australia. If you want to travel to New Zealand , you can opt for the student visa or the Work and Holiday visa.

Student visa in New Zealand

With the student visa in New Zealand you can study and work at the same time  for a minimum of 14 weeks and a maximum of four years. For this reason and for having very basic requirements, it is one of the most popular visas among people who want to come to New Zealand.

This visa costs $ 330 NZD, it is not necessary to justify the level of English, all nationalities can apply and ask for a mandatory economic solvency of  $ 1250 NZ per visa month . With this visa you can also work 20 hours per week during the course and those you want during your vacation.

Work and Holiday Visa in New Zealand

The Work and Holiday visa is a one-year visa for young people between 18 and 31 or 35 years old (depending on your nationality) who want to work and / or enjoy a holiday in New Zealand for a year.

Getting it is quite complicated since there are few places and ask for enough documentation. Unlike the Work and Holiday visa, it is not necessary to have a good level of English to apply. This visa costs $ 208 NZD , although it may vary according to your nationality.

With the Work and Holiday visa you can work in New Zealand for a maximum of 6 months without exceeding 3 months in the same company.

And the tourist visa?

Of course you can travel to this country with a tourist visa , but it will have to be for a small period of time, usually a maximum of 90 days .

As the name implies, this visa is for tourism, so we cannot work legally . If what we want is to stay a long season, it is best to opt for a student visa or a Work and Holiday visa, with which we can effectively work.

We hope we have resolved your doubts!

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.